ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:RMT:01:2022 dated 08.12.2022
Government of India,Department of Space
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION [ISRO]
RECRUITMENT OF ASSISTANT (RAJBHASHA)
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISTION [ISRO] Headquarters invites applications for the post of Assistant (Rajbhasha) for filling up in various Centres/Units located in Karnataka and New Delhi, in Level 4 of Pay Matrix:-
Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while
filling up online application form.
Frequently Asked Queries(FAQ) and Answers
If already applied,
To get the online application form, please click on the Post Name below for which you want
to apply for.
- Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 6.32 on a 10-point scale as declared by any recognised University, with a pre-requisite condition that the graduation should have been completed within the stipulated time i.e., within the duration of the course as prescribed by the University;
- Hindi Typewriting speed @ 25 words per minute on computer;
- Proficiency in the use of Computers;
- Knowledge in English Typewriting [desirable qualification]
In case of Dual/Integrated Degree programmes:
(a) Where a CGPA/Percentage for Graduation and Post-Graduation is mentioned separately in the Dual/Integrated Degree Certificate, CGPA/percentage for the graduation level will be reckoned;
(b) Where a common CGPA/percentage applicable for the entire course of study is only mentioned in the Dual/Integrated Degree Certificate, the final CGPA / percentage as mentioned in the Dual/Integrated degree Certificate as applicable for the entire course of study, will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility;
(c) Where a University does not prescribe any CGPA/percentage in its Dual/Integrated Degree certificates, the cumulative CGPA/percentage as per Final / Consolidated Mark Sheet,as applicable for the entire course of study, will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility;
(d) The criteria above will apply uniformly regardless of whether or not a University/Institution prescribes a formula to derive the CGPA/percentage for Graduation/Post Graduation in its Dual / Integrated Degree certificate;
(e) Where a University mentions both CGPA and percentage of marks in its Degree Certificate or Consolidated Mark-sheet, then at least one criteria (either CGPA or percentage) should meet DOS/ISRO's eligibility norms;
(f) Where a University mentions only CGPA in its Degree Certificate or Consolidated Mark-sheet, then the CGPA as mentioned should necessarily meet DOS/ISRO's eligibility criteria. Conversion of CGPA into percentage of marks is not permitted to determine eligibility, regardless of whether any conversion formula is prescribed by the University/Institution concerned. The same criteria apply mutatis mutandis in cases where only percentage of marks is mentioned on the Degree Certificate /Consolidated Mark-sheet.
- Age Limit : 28 years as on 28.12.2022 (31 years for OBC candidates and 33 years for SC candidates, wherever posts are reserved). Serving Govt. employees, Ex-Servicemen; Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), Meritorious Sportspersons, Widows, Divorced Women and Women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried are eligible for upper age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
- How to apply:
The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO website between 08.12.2022 and 28.12.2022. The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may apply duly following the procedure stated. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.E-mail ID of the applicant is to be given in the application compulsorily. The last date for submitting on-line application is 28.12.2022.
- It is the responsibility of candidate to ensure that he/she fully meets the eligibility criteria as notified before applying, in order to avoid disappointment at later stage.
- No Objection Certificate:
a) Candidates who are employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies etc. should apply only under intimation to and with the permission of the Employer concerned. All such employed candidates shall mandatorily submit 'No Objection Certificate' from the Employer at the time of Skill Test, failing which his/her candidature will be summarily rejected.
b) Candidates who may gain employment as above, after submission of application in response to this advertisement, shall mandatorily inform the Employer concerned the full particulars of his / her applying for selection to the Post concerned. These candidates are also required to submit NOC from the Employer concerned at the time of Interview, failing which his/her candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Application Fee:
The Application Fee is Rs-100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) for each application. Those candidates desirous to apply for both the Post Nos. 1 and 2 have to separately remit application fee of Rs. 100/-. Candidates may make the payment 'online' using Internet Banking/Debit Card or 'offline' by visiting nearest SBI Branch. Candidates after submitting their application can pay application fee immediately or any day before the last date for fee payment which is 30.12.2022. The last date for submitting online application is 28.12.2022. Candidates are, however, advised to make online payment by 26.12.2022 to avoid any unexpected transaction failures/issues. [Candidates making online payment may kindly note that ISRO shall not be responsible for pending transactions or transaction failures. Candidates may contact their Banks and ensure successful payment of application fee. Candidates may utilise alternative methods of payment (offline payment) if required. Ensuring a 'successful payment' from "Payment Status" link in ISRO's website is mandatory for the candidates]. The process followed for each case is shown below:
(i) If candidate desires to pay application fee immediately, then he/she on 'submitting' the application, will be shown a web page displaying registration number. On the same web page, there exists a "Make Payment" button which the candidate may click and follow the payment process as outlined below.
(ii) If candidate desires to pay the application fee later, then payment can be made any time before closure of the advertisement by accessing the "Make Payment" link available in advertisement page. Candidate has to provide Registration number, Date of Birth and later click on the "Make Payment" button and follow the payment process as outlined below.
- The candidates on clicking the Make Payment button will be redirected to State Bank Multi Option Payments Systems (MOPS) page. The candidate may choose one of the payment modes shown below for making payment.
- Net Banking: State Bank of India
- Net Banking: Other Banks
- Debit Card: State Bank of India
- Debit Card: Other Banks
- Credit Card:State Bank of India
- Credit Card: Other Banks
- Off-line mode :
- Pre-printed SBI Challan [Candidates should download, print and pay the application fee in cash at any SBI Branch within 3 days of generation of challan or last day stipulated for payment, whichever is earlier]. The challan will be valid for the next three days only, from date of generation. If payment is not made within 3 days, the challans which are older than the specified time will be deemed unsuccessful. However, the candidate may regenerate fresh challan, if required or alternatively, make online payment.
(i) Though application fee charged by ISRO is same across the payment modes the bank charges and taxes may vary. Therefore candidates are required to carefully follow the instructions shown. In case of Net banking and debit cards payments, the candidate on successful payment will be redirected to ISRO web portal and shown a page displaying transaction details.
(ii) During entire payment processing do not click REFRESH or BACK button, else session will be aborted
(iii) Please follow the instructions of the banks/payment gateways with respect to the mode of payment (net banking, debit cards, across SBI counters, etc.)
(iv) Candidates can check Payment status after 24 hrs of their payment successful and Print Receipt by visiting "Payment Status" link available in advertisement page. In case of pending transactions or transaction failures candidates are advised to contact their Banks and ensure successful payment of application fee
- All women candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fees. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to ensure receipt of system generated email regarding successful submission of application.
- Candidates are advised to check all the fields entered by them online before submitting their applications. Candidates should avoid submission of multiple applications for the same post.
- NO DOCUMENTS (EXCEPT PHOTO AND SIGNATURE) ARE TO BE UPLOADED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION. HOWEVER, CANDIDATES SHOULD BE READY TO SUBMIT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN SUPPORT OF QUALIFICATION, AGE, CATEGORY, NOC FROM EMPLOYER ETC. AS AND WHEN CALLED FOR BY ISRO.
- 11. Selection Process:
a) Written test will be conducted at two venues, viz., Bengaluru and New Delhi. However, ISRO reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for written test will be sent only to the registered e-mail ID of the candidates.
|Written Test: Objective type test of 200 questions of 120 minutes' duration
a) 50% marks (in Part A, B, C & D) for UR category;
b) 40% marks (in Part A, B, C & D) for reserved categories, strictly for consideration against notified reserved vacancies.
(a) Based on performance in the written test, candidates will be short-listed for skill test in the ratio of 1:5 (maximum) to the category-wise number of vacancies, with an aggregate minimum of 10 candidates. For reserved vacancies, distinct/additional candidates will be short-listed in 1:5 ratio (maximum), without regard to the reserved candidates if any, short-listed under UR category;
(b) Skill Test will comprise:-
(i) Computer Literacy Test.
(ii) Hindi Typing Test.
i. Computer Literacy Test:
(1) 60 % marks for UR category;
ii. Hindi Typing Test:
(2) 50% marks for reserved categories, against notified reserved vacancies only.
(1) 5% mistakes (maximum) for UR category;
If sufficient numbers of candidates for empanelment (select list & wait list) do not qualify the skill test, then additional candidates will be short-listed for skill test, in the ratio of 1:5 to the extent of such short-fall.
(2) 8% mistakes (maximum) for reserved categories, against notified reserved vacancies only.
Skill Test, will be purely on 'go-no-go' basis and marks obtained in the Skill Test shall not be considered for selection. The Skill Test on Computer Literacy shall be evaluated on a 100 point scale.
Final selection will be based on marks scored in the written test from among the candidates who qualify in the skill test.
- Pay & Allowances:
Candidates appointed as Assistant (Rajbhasha) in Level 04 of Pay Matrix will be paid minimum basic pay of Rs.25,500/- p.m. In addition, Dearness Allowance [DA], House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance [TA] are payable as per extant rules on the subject. They will be brought under National Pension System. Contributory Health-care facilities for self and dependent family members, subsidised canteen facility, limited quarters facility (in lieu of HRA), departmental transport facility (in lieu of transport allowance), Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, House Building Advance, etc. are admissible as per extant Rules.
- Other Conditions/Instructions:
- The appointees for Post No. 1 are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation located in Karnataka.
- The appointees for Post No.2 are liable to be posted at Department of Space, located in Bengaluru/New Delhi.
- The appointees are also liable to be transferred to any such Centre/Unit at any point of time on need basis.
- The number of vacancies indicated is provisional.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit ISRO Centres.
- Candidates attending the Skill Test will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained)
- Candidates have to produce all original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of Skill Test.
- If any information furnished on-line is found to be false, the candidate will not be allowed to attend the Skill Test and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires
- Only Indian nationals need apply.
- In case of any clarification, candidates may refer to the FAQs uploaded in the ISRO website against the advertisement and if the doubt still persists, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries about information already available in the Advertisement/FAQs and Frivolous queries will not be replied to.
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION.
- It is the absolute responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria as notified and has fully complied with the procedural requirements and time limits stipulated for submission of application. Any deviations from the procedures notified would result in cancellation of candidature and no representation on the matter will be entertained.
- Submission of any false information or suppression of any material information will result in cancellation of candidature, apart from such other action under law, as may be taken against the candidate concerned.
- Date of conduct of Written Test and issue of Call letters will be notified in ISRO website.
Important dates to remember :
Opening date for on-line registration - 08.12.2022
Closing date for on-line registration - 28.12.2022
Last date for payment of fee - 30.12.2022